Feb 14 2014

A Small Celebration

Celebrating Small Things:

What might be small to some, might be worth celebration to
me. Here’s a cheery list, which is by no means is all-inclusive:

1. Query Feedback from Eileen Wiedbrauk at World Weaver Press

Those who follow this blog know that I
struggle with writing a proper query letter. I still
          don’t have it down to a
science, but the feedback helped.

2. Eric Kobb Miller from @SpitToonsSaloon

He’s a
fantastic new friend who produces tweets that really brighten my day.

3. Snow

I know that
I’m one of the few people who would celebrate this. Last winter there was
          not
much snow, and barely any freezing days. As a result, the summer was loaded
with
          sickness-spreading bugs (especially mosquitoes). More snow and freezing
days means a
          lower insect population in the months ahead. Also, I WANT TO BUILD
A SNOWMAN.
              (Either you got the movie reference and sang that line, or you
didn’t.)

4. Love

Valentine’s Day is moments away. I
will celebrate with my spouse. I am loved. Love is
            always worth celebrating.

5. Life

No matter how long it has been since
I’ve seen Joe Versus the Volcano, I always
                 remember the quote, said by the
actor that Hollywood loves to give great lines to–
                 Tom Hanks. “Dear God, whose name I do not know – thank
you for my life
.” Survival
            is worth celebrating.

6. Blog Tag

I was just tagged by my friend to be in an author interview blog hop!
                 I do need to find two others to take part.
Interested?

CELEBRATE WITH US! GO TO http://viklit.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/celebrate-small-things-7-feb.html

celebrate blog hop image

1. I never quite looked at snow in regards to how it affects the mosquito population. Interesting. Happy love celebration.

• Sarah on February 16, 2014 at 5:36 AM

Good luck with the query feedback, I too can’t write a synopsis to save my life!
    Give me snow! I love it! As for Valentines Day, not so much. I love my husband, and hopefully ho loves me after so many years of married life, but we don’t celebrate it any more (my choice).
    Look forward to seeing you on the A to Z journey.

Sarah

2. So funny! Good perspective!

• J Lenni Dorner on February 19, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Thank you!

• J Lenni Dorner on February 19, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Thanks.

I hope you had a good 14th day of February, even as a completely normal Friday without any holiday attachment.
    • J Lenni Dorner on February 19, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Always a silver lining.

3. Love is worth celebrating. Building snowmen is fun, we haven’t had any snow this year just lots of wind and rain.
    Thank you for visiting my blog.

• J Lenni Dorner on February 19, 2014 at 11:40 PM

• M J Joachim on February 21, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Query letters are tough to write. You’ll get it down though. Glad you like the snow. Keep celebrating love and life – and congrats on the blog tag!

MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches

• J Lenni Dorner on February 22, 2014 at 10:44 PM

That they are. I tend to see the series as a whole, so trying to write a query just on the first book, and make it sound like it is a stand alone novel, is a bit vexing. Rather like the movie version of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings is a rather strange stand alone movie. How does one sell that?

I am always amazed at the history of writing. Someone once convinced a publisher to print books about creatures that did not exist. Creatures that were barely a whisper among the dreams of children, and sometimes not even that.
    “Here’s a story about something no one has ever heard of before. It’s kind of like something they have heard of before, but not really.”
    “Ho bits? Hobble its?”