The BIG MAIN GOAL:
- Publish two decent-selling book series
- Publish something every week on this blog (ie: Sunday Seven)
- Have 5000 Twitter followers ~ currently at 3,505 — up 90 from last month!
Goals for July:
- Keep up on Twitter follows
- Remember to tweet for #WW #WriterWednesday and #ReaderhuRsday #RR
- Participate in Camp NanoWriMo
- Enter the writing contest my instructor recommended
- Keep up with the fantasy writing class
- Move on to the next lesson in the writing for youth class
- Visit and comment on 30 other blogs
- Vote and watch #WRiTECLUB2014 every Monday and Thursday
- Update / redo what-are-they.com and existenceseries.com
- Finish reading 2 books
~For those of you who want to set goals,
but are unsure where to start-
I did not write it,
but I am half way through it. ~
Review of Goals for June:
- Keep up with the Fantasy writing class I’m taking. (Only 2 parts left!) ~ Accomplished
- Complete homework for lesson 2 for the writing for youth readers class ~ Accomplished
- Figure out the rules/ logic for this grammar question
“Bob, someone is at my desk waiting to meet you. Come with me.” Said Tom.
“Bob, someone is at my desk waiting to meet you. Come with me,” said Tom.
For a short line of dialogue, attributives usually go at the end, like so:
“Help me find my leopard skin pillbox hat,” said Daphne.
“I’m looking for some trash bags.” Said Murdock.
“I’m looking for some trash bags,” said Murdock.
(“said” is kept lowercase, and a comma is used, NOT a period.)
- Visit at least 30 A to Z challenge blogs on the “road trip” ~ Accomplished
- Celebrate Native American Citizenship Day on the 15th ~ Accomplished
- Celebrate my dad on Father’s Day on the 15th ~ Accomplished
- On June 16, be 1 of the 32 #WRiTECLUB2014 ~ I’ll get back to you on that
- Work on my fantasy book series/ collection ~ Mentally, yes. Actual writing… umm…not as much as I’d have liked.
- catch up on Twitter follows ~ Partly Accomplished
- post results from the vestibule survey and contest ~ Accomplished
- Spread the word about my assistant’s aunt’s missing cat ~ Accomplished (Cat still missing though.)
Review of Other Previous Goals:
- To get 300 signers on the what-are-they.com guestbook. ~ currently at 117
- To get a literary agent. ~ Still working on it.
- To finish writing book two of the existence series. ~On hold.
- Work on Fraction of Existence rewrite ~ Not much progress this month
- Work on the other fantasy book series ~ Not much progress this month
- Work on query letter ~ Not much progress this month