Sep 21 2014

Sunday Seven and Underrated Treasures

Alex's underrated blog fest image
I decided to combine my Sunday Seven list with my seven underrated song picks for Alex’s blogfest.

Song – Artist – Line(s) I love

1- Dog Eared Page – The Matches –

“I’ve got these friends in quotes and girls with asterisks.”

2- Tremendous – Girlfriend (Local Band out of NY) –

“Tell me, tell me, before I forget, why are there always more Barbies than Kens?”

3- This Ruined Puzzle – Dashboard Confessional –

“But what if the pages stay pressed,

the chapters unfinished

The stories too dull to unfold

Does he ever get the girl?”

4- Stationary Stationery – Anberlin –

“Do they not have pen or paper where you are?”

5- Paper Wings – Staind – (*This song drops the F bomb*)

“Make some paper wings and learn to fly

If there’s no tomorrow

Burn your paper wings

and say goodbye”

6- Sleeping In – Postal Service –

“For treating others as they’d like to be treated

For obeying stop signs and curing diseases”

7- Paper Dolls – Kill Hannah –

“Will find you when you’re lost and so alone

Paper dolls

You’re tortured, but it makes you beautiful”

Sunday Seven image

A list of seven of something- brought to you on Sunday. What can you add?

1. I like Anberlin and The Postal Service. You’ve introduced me to some new tunes.
    Medeia Sharif has this post to share FERAL Blog TourMy Profile

1. I’m glad that I could. 🙂

2. Can’t say I’m familiar with any of these.

1. Always good to find something new.

3. I used to listen to Dashboard Confessional all the time. Great choice.

1. I saw them in concert once. It was long, long ago. When they only had one album and were side stage instead of main event.

4. Interesting list! I am certainly enjoying the Underrated Treasures blogfest! 🙂
    Margo Kelly has this post to share Underrated Treasures Blogfest!My Profile

1. Thank you. 🙂

5. Wow! All of these are great picks! Thanks for sharing your list with us!
    Chrys Fey has this post to share Underrated Treasures Blogfest / Shelfie BlogfestMy Profile

1. I am glad that you enjoyed.

6. You introduced me to a lot of music I hadn’t heard before.

1. Happy to do so.

7. Not my kind of music, but I do know most of the bands.
    Thanks for participating in my blogfest!
    Alex J. Cavanaugh has this post to share Underrated Treasures Blogfest! Plus Dragon and Ninja, BOTB Results, and Ninja NewsMy Profile

1. Thanks so much for having a blogfest. 🙂
      I like many types of music. These lyrics just catch my attention every time I hear them.

• Emilyann on September 22, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Love and Anerlin and postal service 🙂

1. How sad is it that Anberlin is having their final tour already?!

• Lily-Eva on September 23, 2014 at 12:46 AM

You made some great choices for Ninja Captain’s blogfest. I especially liked This Ruined Puzzle by Dashboard Confessional
    Lily-Eva has this post to share Underrated Treasures Blogfest!My Profile

1. I’m glad you enjoyed the selections. 🙂

• Miranda Hardy on September 23, 2014 at 5:56 AM

Some great choices there. None of which I have heard.

8. Interesting list. I am getting to know about so many Underrated Treasures.

1. It is a very cool hop.

9. I’m not familiar with any of these. Thanks for sharing your picks for the Underrated Treasures Blogfest.
    Susanne Drazic has this post to share Bucket List Blog Hop – Sign Up PostMy Profile

1. I’m glad to introduce you to something new.

• Al Diaz on September 24, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Interesting suggestions. I am more of a pop kind of dragon, though.
    Al Diaz has this post to share Underrated Blogfest / You’re never too old to set another goal/FD & Captain NinjaMy Profile

1. Any dragon is a welcome dragon in my opinion. 🙂 Good to meet you.

10. Not heard of any of these bands. Good to learn of new ones. Thanks!
    Natalie Aguirre has this post to share KENDALL KULPER INTERVIEW AND SALT AND STORM GIVEAWAY AND UNDERRATED TREASURES BLOGFESTMy Profile

1. Glad to introduce you to something new. 🙂

• Leovi on September 25, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Thank you for your choice! I love The Postal Service!

1. I’m glad to meet a fellow fan. 🙂

11. I’ve always loved The Postal Service. Great choice!

• Pat Hatt on October 5, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Wow, I never heard a one before. Some good ones there too.
    Pat Hatt has this post to share Words Are For The Birds!My Profile

1. Glad to have introduced you to new music.