• Hilary on April 30, 2015 at 4:31 AM

Hi J – I think zeppelins must have been terrifying machines to travel in … cheers Hilary
    Hilary has this post to share Z is for Zennor …My Profile

1. It looks like the Hindenburg was very pretty. Until it, you know, ended up going down. The Titanic was pretty too… till that darn iceberg.

1. Too bad Zeppelins were so dangerous. From what little I’ve read, they sound like an amazing way to travel.
    Tamara Narayan has this post to share Z is for . . .My Profile

1. Seems similar to blimps. But there are only a few of those in the world. So yeah, I guess it must had been dangerous.
      I wonder how it really stacks up to airplane travel though. Safety, cost, and speed wise.

• Jason on May 6, 2015 at 3:31 AM

It was slower, but less fatiguing. The cost at the time was probably similar. It was actually safer, the Hindenburg was the only incident, and the majority of the passengers and crew survived. Until the Hindenburg, airships had flown a million miles without any fatalities. It would be decades before jet airliners achieved the same.

1. One has to wonder, if they made a few zeppelins now and offered them up as cruise ships of the air, would it sell?

• Jason on May 11, 2015 at 3:25 AM

I think it’s possible. A modern zeppelin might be able to cross the Atlantic in 24 hours. That day in travel could be a very nice time, if you imagine the airship being treated more like a cruise ship.

2. I love to read about how people get from one place to another in a story.

1. It’s great in fantasy and sci-fi when there’s unexpected transportation.

3. Congratulations on finishing the A to Z Challenge!

As for the question – got to be Pepperoni.
    Stuart Lennon has this post to share Y is for YankMy Profile

1. I like bacon mushroom, personally.
      And thanks.

• Evalina on April 30, 2015 at 11:50 AM

If Germans wouldn’t use them for bombing Britain maybe today we will travel by these air buses… I prefer planes 🙂
    Evalina, This and that…
    Evalina has this post to share Z for Zorro (A to Z Challenge)My Profile

1. Darn that war!
      I don’t know which I prefer, as I’ve never been in a zeppelin, or a blimp, or even a hot air balloon that I can recall right now.

4. Travel makes a great story. Got to have a look around and let characters see new places. No airships, though. They almost always blow up.

Congrats on surviving the challenge! 🙂
    David P. King has this post to share The WOVEN A to Z Challenge: Z is for Zack!My Profile

1. Everyone seems very stuck on this “blowing up” thing… LOL.
      It is true though. Book or movie, as soon as they put one in the air, you know it’s gonna blow up by the end. Almost as sure as a dog movie is going to be sad at some point.

5. Those old zeppelins look like such an interesting way to travel though . . .

1. I love how they used them in the show Fringe.

6. Nice setting tips. Thank you! I’ve written a high fantasy (yet to be published–especially edited) where certain elves ride wild wolves. hehe…
    Thanks for dropping by and commenting over on my blog.

Elizabeth Mueller
    AtoZ 2015
    My Little Pony

1. I have a few artic elf-like creatures riding on polar-bear-like-creatures in my high fantasy. (Still re-writing/editing.)

7. Zeppelins look like a fun, even if dangerous, way to travel. When I first saw the word, I thought you were writing about the band, Led Zeppelin.

Loved reading your post during the challenge.

Melissa Sugar
    Twitter: @msugar13
    sugarlaw13@live.com
    Melissa Sugar has this post to share X – Excuses & Exculpatory EvidenceMy Profile

1. Rock on, girl!
      But no, I didn’t do bands. If I had… Z would have probably been for Rob Zombie.

8. Awesome last post! Congrats on finishing.

1. Thanks. 🙂

9. How fantastic are your funnies!! Glad I caught them and went back through some – awesome job with the challenge! love a good laugh!
    tara tyler has this post to share Zat’s All Folks!My Profile

10. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I loved this post – it put some really creative visions in my brain!
    Noelle Granger has this post to share The Day After the ChallengeMy Profile

11. Love your setting tips! We have horseback riders stopping by every day – Nice to live out in the country.
    @Door2LoreSue
    PowerofStoryABlog – Every Hero Has a Story

12. That’s true, travel methodes can also help setting a story historically, it they are characteristic enough. for example, mentioning a Model T in my openign chapter help setting the story without mentioning the actual year.

Congrats on finishing the challenge. It was a hard but rewardign for me and I hope it was the same for you 🙂
    JazzFeathers has this post to share Z is for Zozzled (AtoZ Challenge – Roaring Twenties)My Profile

• Beverly on May 2, 2015 at 9:10 AM

Thanks for stopping by my blog. So nice to meet you. Yes, settings are important to a story, like the characters. I hadn’t thought so much about travel. Great post.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Beverly has this post to share Throwback Thursday – Secrets I Have Kept by Beverly Stowe McClureMy Profile

• Misha on May 3, 2015 at 5:58 AM

Nice theme for the challenge! Congrats on winning.

Also, that e-card made my day. 😛
    Misha has this post to share HUGE Announcement and I Need Some HelpMy Profile

13. Fringe! That’s what this makes me think of.
    Penminion has this post to share AtoZ Challenge After-partyMy Profile

14. Love the meme! I like pepperoni. Flying machines are interesting.
    Mike Spain has this post to share A to Z Challenge: Reflections on the 2015 ChallengeMy Profile

15. I loved your theme! Writing a setting as a character is something I’ve never tried before, but it’s something I will definitely be having a play with in the future. Just had a look through some of the letters, and have found some brilliant advice! I had to restrain myself from commenting on them all, as I didn’t want to spam your blog!! I don’t know if you generally take part in linkys, but if you do (or you want to start) I’m starting a fiction themed one on the 1st of June. If you want to stop by your posts would be perfect for the linky!
    Popping by on the A to Z Road Trip
    Debbie
    Random Musings has this post to share June theme reveal – Fictional FunMy Profile

1. Sorry that I was away so long. Sounds like it would have been fun. Thanks for enjoying my blog. 🙂