July can’t be over, can it? I swear I missed a week!
Here are my current goals and review of goals from the past, in my normal list format:
The BIG MAIN GOALS:
- Publish two decent-selling book series (speculative fiction)
- Survive at least another 40 years
- Have 5000 Twitter followers ~ currently at 4416 — up 18 from last month
- Update / redo what-are-they.com (Done!)
- Download the update for my blog theme, whatever that might entail
- Support Diverse Books
- Four Reading Challenges
- After editing fantasy novel, get new query letter out there ~some technical progress made toward this goal
Bout of Books
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 17th and runs through Sunday, August 23rd in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 14 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
Goals for August:
- Comment on at least 15 blogs
- Keep hacking away at that fantasy novel
- Read and Review 4 books this month
- Be a blog tour stop for Misha’s War of Six Crowns books on the 7th
- Keep my eye on Pitchwars
- Take part in Bout of Books on the 17th
- Have a fun birthday
Review of Goals for July:
- Comment on at least 12 blogs
- Work on my fantasy novel for CAMPNANOWRIMO
- Finish reading and reviewing 2 books ~ I finished and reviewed one. The other will be revealed next week. For the love of Misha, come back for that!
- Catch up on the 3 reviews from last month’s books Reviews of Books Read in June #firstreads #NewToYouRC
- Vote for a 500-word story every weekday until it’s over at Write Club
Congratulations to Lisa Dunn for her winning Commando Grace entries at Write Club.
(Commando refers to a lack of a certain item of clothing, resulting in much hilarity.)
Hope you’ve have a great month!