My lovely assistant was with me this morning when I discovered some exceptionally wonderful news. I look forward to telling you about that news… next month.
For now, just be happy with me. Raise a glass in celebration (alcohol, water, coffee, tea, whatever).
I’ve been thinking quite a bit lately about not only writing down these goals, but about making PLANS as to how to achieve them.
The greatest increase of Twitter followers has always been, for me, from running Giveaways and taking part in #WW Writer Wednesday. I get a slight bump from bloghops, but nowhere near the bump I get from my buddy Stu @Trans1110 giving me a Shoutout and @seams16 Eric remembering me on #FF Follow Friday. I’m not sure that I have another plan. Maybe I should plan to plan? Goal of coming up with a plan?
The update theme… I just have to go find that line of code I used so the update doesn’t screw up all my images. I probably wrote it down. How to achieve this goal = stop being lazy and go hunt my notes down!
— J Lenni Dorner (@JLenniDorner) February 29, 2016
I’m helping a friend of a friend to raise money toward cancer research. It’s a great cause, and an opportunity for advertisement for those with a business and a charitable side.
My goal for this weekend is to get you to share/ retweet this tweet:
— J Lenni Dorner (@JLenniDorner) March 22, 2016
The MAIN LIFE GOALS:
- Publish two decent-selling book series (speculative fiction)
- Survive at least another 39 years
- There’s also the Bucket List.
- Have 6500 Twitter followers ~ currently at 5663 — up 548 from last month!
- Download the update for my blog theme, whatever that might entail
- Keep Supporting Diverse Books
Be part of 4 blog hops/fests.
- Participate in at least 2 #OABookClub reads
- Rewrite and edit my urban fantasy novel, then get the new query letter out there ~A great deal of progress! Stay tuned during April for details.
- Enter 3 writing contests 1- Entered #WRiTECLUB2016
Publish or be published somewhere
- Participate in Reading Challenges
Goals for April:
- Comment on at least 60 blogs EACH WEEK
- VOTE on EVERY Write Club Cage bout, Quarterfinal, and Playoff.
136 entered. 30 made it. CONGRATULATIONS to all who got in. #WRiTECLUB2016
- Read and review two books
- Be there every Thursday in April at 9pm EST for #azchat on Twitter
- Post my A to Zs. My theme is the craft of fiction writing. Tips, lessons, and prompts from various writing reference books. I follow it up with a sample of my work. And remind guests of my GIVEAWAY
Pin that image so you remember to come back!
- Check out the responses to my guest post on Arlee’s blog on April 11
Review of Goals from March:
- Comment on at least 50 blogs
- VOTE on EVERY Write Club bout
- Read two books
- Partake in the Leap Into Books Giveaway blog hop
- Reveal my A to Z theme and announce my GIVEAWAY
- Be uplifted by the Meme blog hop VERY! I won some books. 🙂
PLEASE check out #WRiTECLUB2016! You can make a huge difference to a writer. #GoodDeadForTheDay
Are you taking part in the A to Z challenge? Did you reveal your theme?