Janet left me a nomination in the comment of my May goals post. Thanks for the recognition!
There are rules to this award, of course.
Rule 1: Put the award logo/image on your blog.
Rule 2: List the rules.
Rule 3: Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Janet Miles of asmile4uFromJanet.blogspot.com
May your life be as colorful as the Turkey.
May the Wolf guide your path.
May you live to the age of the Turtle.
May you have these blessings three.
With many thanks from J Lenni.
Rule 4: Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
About the creator: Okoto Enigma’s blog The creator’s name, Enigma, means mystery, thus the title of the award.
Rule 5: Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- I am always looking for new blog post ideas, blog hops, and flash fiction challenges.
- I am confident in my ability to write fiction well.
- I support the #WeNeedDiverseBooks and #DiversityBingo2017 hashtags and movements, but I also read a lot of books that are outside those categories (because I already have the book on my TBR, a friend wrote it, it’s in my genre so it’s “research,” or I just really want to read it).
Rule 6: Nominate 10 to 20 bloggers.
- Anna of herdingcats-burningsoup.com – @herdingcats2012
- Misha of sylmion.blogspot.com – @MishaMFB
- Natalie of nataliewestgate.com – @N_Westgate
- Anna of blog.annatsp.com – @natzers
- Sorchia of sorchiadubois.com – @SorchiaDuBois
- Deb of bunnyandthebloke.com – @debsdespatches
- Shweta of thesoulsearchersite.wordpress.com – @ShwetaSuresh7
- Eva of evablaskovic.com/blog/ – @BlaskovicWriter
- Josie Two Shoes of josie2shoes.com
- Deb of peninherhand.com – @deb_atwood
- Karsyn of kakijokoja.blogspot.com
- Jackie of runwithjackabee.blogspot.com – @runwithjackabee
- Tammy of afoldinthespinesite.wordpress.com – @afoldinthespine
Rule 7: Notify those people.
Rule 8: Ask your nominee any five questions of your choice, plus one weird or funny question.
(And, obviously, answer what you were asked!)
I was asked:
How long have you been blogging?
I wrote my first blog post on March 8, 2012.
Have you ever been nominated for a major award?
What’s the definition of “major” in this context? No EGOT awards over here (Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony). I have awards for service, for writing, and Liebster awards from back when my blog was younger.
If you could play a musical instrument what would it be?
What’s with the assumption that I can’t play them all? (I don’t see the clarification of “well” mentioned… just saying.) I don’t know. If I was going to master an instrument, I’d probably want to invent one of my own. Drums, if I really have to pick one that exists.
Who is Carmen Sandiego and why should I care where in the world he is?
I did a search. I thought there was a tie between Carmen and Waldo. Was NOT disappointed!
Carmen is a “she” not “he,” btw.
Extra credit question, did I make you smile today?
Looks like the Sim is smiling, so yeah. ☺
The questions I have for my nominees are:
- How did you get your forename name?
- Are you afraid of making mistakes even when there’s no punishments at all?
- If happiness was currency, how rich do you think you would be and who do you think would be the new 1%?
- What do you believe makes a successful life?
- If you were the ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce?
- Weird/funny question: Do you have a picture of an animal “posing” with a book you could share?
(*People in animal costumes count!) (*Hilariously bad drawings of animals count double.)
Rule 9: Share a link to my blog’s best post.
All of my blog’s most commented on, most liked/ star clicked, and most viewed posts are from blog hops. (Especially the A to Z challenge.)
As I’m still figuring out what I’ll do with Anah’s story, I’ll link to the first post of that.
The story started with All Intents and Purposes.
I’D LOVE SUGGESTIONS ON A TITLE, as “Anah’s story” is just a reference, not an Urban Fantasy / Speculative Fiction title I’d really use.