Last month I nailed a huge goal by publishing Fractions of Existence on Amazon.
(Free if you have KU.)
Shortly after, I found out my newsletter mailing list (over 6000 emails strong, thanks to this blog) was being sent to LESS THAN 1% of the people who signed up for it.
I thought it was because of the GoDaddy email account, so I created a Google business account. I then sent an email to all subscribers announcing a contest where they could win a copy of my book for a friend. (No catch, other than only subscribers can enter. No purchase required. Doesn’t sign a friend up for email lists. Easy to enter.) Considering it’s been several days and there isn’t even ONE entry, I’m pretty sure the email still isn’t reaching people.
IF YOU SEE THIS POST AS PART OF AN EMAIL, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! THANK YOU!
So now I’m looking at other email newsletter services. Most expect me to pay $40 a month for a subscriber list of my size. That’s not going to happen.
Between all of this going on, the A to Z challenge site has experienced a massive issue. My fellow co-hosts and I are working to resolve this problem.
And my Snookums has been experiencing some health issues this month… and was “kind enough” to share them with me. The couple who vomits together goes to the ER together? Ah, the dark side of love that romance novels tend to overlook. Shipping a OTP who, like the men on the cursed ship in Moby Dick, suffered a severe occurrence of stomach cramps and other unpleasant digestive symptoms, but not for the same reason.
The upside of October was finding out that my entry in a writing contest made it to the top fifteen, and therefore will be published in December. Yay!
The MAIN LIFE GOALS:
- Publish two decent-selling book series (speculative fiction)
- Survive at least another 37 years for 2017
- There’s also the Bucket List.
Current Writing End Goals
From the End Goals of an Author post.
- Self-publish Fractions of Existence in September 2017.
- Self-publish Anah’s Story by March 20, 2018.
- Find a way (emotionally, mentally) to complete the high fantasy short story.
- Redo the longer version of the tribal story, then self-publish it in 2018.
- This year I resolve to finish at least one of my big writing projects.
- Finish a big writing project
- Keep Supporting Diverse Books
- Be part of 5 blog hops/fests >
- Keep rocking the Debut Author Spotlight at Operation Awesome
Contribute more to the#atozchallenge Co-Hosted! Enter 4 writing contests
- Participate in #NewToMe2017, Bookish Bingo, 50 Book Pledge, Goodreads, Bout of Books, TackleTBR
- Read 12 Speculative Fiction books
- Read 12 books for the Debut Author Challenge 7 so far
Goals for November:
- Read and Review 2 books
- Help fix A to Z blog
Oct 29- Nov 4 NANOWRIMO Work on Tribal and/or High Fantasy
Nov 5- Nov 11 NANOWRIMO Work on Tribal and/or High Fantasy
Nov 12- Nov 18 NANOWRIMO Work on Tribal and/or High Fantasy
Nov 19- Nov 25 NANOWRIMO Work on Tribal and/or High Fantasy
Review of Goals for October:
- Create paperback version of Fraction of Existence
- Set up Amazon author pages in other countries.
- Read and Review 6 books
- Get bookish BINGO
- Comment on 30 blogs
- WEP October story!
- Get ready for NaNoWriMo
- Create another A to Z post on that blog
- Participate in the IWSG contests.
- Figure out why/ how to fix my newsletter only going out to 5% of my 5988 subscribers.
- Fix more Photobucket broken links
- Follow more All Author group members on Twitter (when it lets me)
(Yikes. Only 2 in the “treat” complete category, and a bunch of 1/2 credits. Not good.)
Review of Weekly Goals:
Oct 1- Oct 7 Prepare for WEP
Oct 8- Oct 14 Prepare story for STORYTIME BLOGHOP
Oct 15- Oct 21 Work on IWSG story
Oct 22- Oct 28 Prepare for Nano Work on Tribal and/or High Fantasy shorts
NOW FILLING November 2017 SLOTS!
Please share the debut author image. Thank you!