There are things going on in America that have taken my time and attention from other goals. As some of you know, I was taken from my birth parents when I was a child. It wasn’t by the government, but that doesn’t keep me from sympathizing. And no, I don’t have any living children, but that doesn’t mean I’m any less concerned for innocent youths in detention centers.
June’s “blog all about it” challenge prompt is “growl.” The fact that we need to protest and need to ask the government to #KeepFamiliesTogether — that’s what I’m growling about.
Children being held in such horrible places, taken from those who love and protect you because they may have committed a misdemeanor, isn’t okay. A quick reminder: “Civil disobedience is the active, professed refusal of a citizen to obey certain laws, demands, orders or commands of a government or occupying international power.” Sometimes goals have to shift to include that because what is right doesn’t always align with what is policy.
And now, here’s a link about setting goals:
The MAIN LIFE GOALS:
- Publish two decent-selling book series (speculative fiction)
- Survive at least another 37 years
- There’s also the Bucket List.
Current Writing End Goals
From the End Goals of an Author post.
- Self-publish Anah’s Story by March 20
- Find a way (emotionally, mentally) to complete the high fantasy short story.
- Redo the longer version of the tribal story, then self-publish it in 2018.
- This year I resolve to be more engaged in my online writing community by regularly commenting on fellow writers blogs every month, leaving book reviews, and publishing another book.
- Publish a book
- Keep supporting diverse books
- Be part of 5 blog hops/fests –Two down
- Keep rocking the Debut Author Spotlight at Operation Awesome
- Enter 3 writing contests –One down
- Create a spreadsheet organizing my TBR by page length
- Participate monthly in Blog All About It Challenge
- Complete Reading challenges Try Something New, Trope Challenge (weather being important to the story), Bookish Bingo, Tsundoku Bingo, 50 Book Pledge, Goodreads, Bout of Books, TackleTBR
- Read 2 books selected by The Insecure Writer’s Support Group (Book Club)
- Read 8 Speculative Fiction books
- Read 8 Debut Author books
- Read 10 Diverse books
Goals for July:
- Read and review 6 books
- Work on spreadsheet organizing my TBR by page length
- Comment on 20 blogs
- Write the My SPIRIT post
- Get the A to Z Challenge survey results published
- Do the Blog Ahead Mini
- Missed #NaNoProMo so catch up
- Find more Debut Authors
- Work more with the #KeepFamiliesTogether movement
- Fix more Photobucket broken links
- Follow more All Author group members on Twitter
Review of Goals for June:
NOW FILLING 2018 SLOTS!
Please share the debut author image. Thank you!