National Novel Promotion Month took place in May. I missed it. Better late than never!
It was a fun read, completely outside of my book. These details weren’t mentioned in this paranormal romance book, but they served to elaborate on the setting and give some “behind the scenes” details to my readers.
That quote is one of the two tips given for today’s challenge. Here’s my take on something outside my book that is related to the year a majority of Fractions of Existence takes place.
10 things that happened in 2005:
- Summer Olympics in Greece
- Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire were in theaters
- Hurricane Katrina
- Mark Zuckerberg offered to sell Facebook to Myspace. Myspace CEO Chris DeWolfe rejected Zuckerberg’s asking price of 75 million dollars.
- Brad Pitt left Jennifer Aniston for Angelina Jolie
- How I Met Your Mother premiered
- YouTube founded
- Tom Cruise jumped on Oprah Winfrey’s couch while confessing his love for Katie Holmes
- Earthquake off Sumatra, magnitude of 8.7, is the second largest earthquake since 1965
- Fractions of Existence takes place (most of it anyway)
short quotes that evoke the mood of the scene without requiring an explanation. You want to find quotes that can be taken out of context and still be understandable.
The other tip for today’s challenge was to share quotes from the stories. I made these sharable images. What do you think?
Did any of these quotes from the book intrigue you?