National Novel Promotion Month took place in May. I missed it. Better late than never!
I think I’ll do my responses using bulletpoints.
- The only social media sites that I don’t “get” are G+ and Tumblr. I feel like there should be a “how to” video out there that better explains them, like ways to master them, but I’ve yet to find it.
- Facebook mostly annoys me, but I’m there. I have a presence. I mostly pre-schedule my posts though.
- I actually really enjoy Pinterest. I’m not sure it’s sold my books or driven people to my blog, but I really like hanging on that site anyway.
- I use Twitter all the time.
- I have Photoshop.
- I don’t know about everywhere, but I am on more than four.
writerscookbook.com/social-media-writers-platforms/ That site lumps all of “fiction novels” together.
curiosityneverkilledthewriter.com/promoting-your-scifi-or-fantasy-novel-on-social-media-78f01f189ab8 This site had some great links. I didn’t really learn which social media most Urban Fantasy readers use, but I joined some groups! And that’s one heck of a list of hashtags.
damiengwalter.com/2010/06/30/who-reads-urban-fantasy/ This came up with my search of “urban fantasy reader demographic.” It doesn’t answer the question, but rather suggests that such readers don’t exist. Nothing more fun that being told that I, someone who does read some urban fantasy, don’t exist.
- I know about having an author brand. I have several posts about it.
- I have a Facebook author page, but I also have a website.
- I’m pretty good at ignoring trolls.
- “The beauty of social media is the ability to meet writers in our genre, join forces, and co-market each other’s books.”
— Have you SEEN my Twitter?!?! I share the crap out of #WeNeedDiverseBooks, #urbanfantasy, and #ww writer Wednesday. Plus, I run the Debut Author Spotlight, which is all about promoting books from new authors!
- I post as consistently as I can. Buffer helps a lot.
- And I know writing is a business, and that social media is a tool for that.
Looks like I’m doing pretty well for today.