1. when did you last sing to yourself?
As in singing in my own head? I don’t know, a few hours ago probably. I do that a lot.
2. if a crystal ball could tell you the truth about anything, what would you want to know?
The truth is a dangerous thing. There is an ancient text. Some people think it’s about one thing, others something else, and others think it was an attempt to define consent and put a stop to rape and pedophilia (because the first few attempts had already been mistranslated) so someone was giving it another go. (But mistranslations, perhaps intentionally, later messed up that attempt too.) I guess I’d like to know that real truth, the real translation and meaning behind the text.
3. what is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
- Getting married
- Publishing Fractions of Existence
They’re all intertwined in my heart, soul, and mind.
4. what is the first happy memory that comes to mind, recent or otherwise?
Valentine’s celebration with my Snookums.
5. if you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living?
I’d spend more time writing, trying to finish the books. Less time editing, marketing, networking, and formatting (maybe someone will do those things for me when I’m gone). Might end up reading less and feel sad about all the stories I hoped to enjoy in my life. And I’d be torn between wanting to spend more time with my spouse, other family members, and friends; but also wanting to finish stories so I could leave that part of myself behind. Plus, those stories are the purpose of my soul. I need more of them to be done to, how can I explain it, “level up” my soul. To have been worthy.
6. do you feel you had a happy childhood?
Parts of it were perfect. Parts of it were Hell.
7. would you ever have a deep conversation with a stranger and open up to them?
Yeah, that’s happened more than once, oddly enough.
8. what would you title the autobiography of your life so far?
“Communicating with Trees in Skyscraper Cities”
9. how do you feel about tattoos and piercings? explain.
Indifferent on others. Some are fantastic pieces of art or an expression of spirituality, culture, or nature. I think that’s great.
I am entitled to certain ones, but haven’t gotten them because, though I’m told I earned them, I don’t feel like I’ve done enough to deserve them yet.
10. do you wear a lot of makeup? why/why not?
No. I’m just not that kind of guy. I do wear facepaint for certain cultural occasions.
11. The world is listening. pick one sentence you would tell them.
Love, consent, and equality always matter.
12. who in the world would you most like to receive a letter from and what would you want it to say?
An agent saying they want to take me on as a client because Catherine Hardwicke wants to direct the Existence series movies and already has producers lined up.
13. do you have a desk/workspace and how is it organised/not organised?
I do. But more and more, I find that I’d rather be outside or with certain people while I’m writing or reading.
14. what’s your starbucks order, and who would you trust to order for you, if anyone?
My spouse, my assistant, and two of my co-workers know this order well.
15. what is the most important thing to you in your life right now?
Passion (for writing, life, the forest, reading, and my spouse).
Quote from Host Bev Sykes of sundaystealing.blogspot.com and the blog “Funny the World”.
Welcome to Sunday Stealing.
This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first – Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!
This week’s questions were originally from: Aesthetic themed list