I am utterly exhausted from the A to Z Challenge. If I didn’t have a two-day breakdown in the middle of the month, I’d have made it to my 300 blogs visited goal. So close!
I’ll be heading off to the woods later this month for much-needed Rest and Relaxation.
There’s a Giveaway link at the end, so you have that as my thanks as you scroll.
My lovely A to Z cohost, J R Vincente, made a spreadsheet to track progress for the year.
I’m counting blogging as “social media.”
As you can see, my month was all about blog commenting and running social media. I took three days off and one day was just writing. But for most of April, I gave myself to the A to Z Challenge.
#BookishResolutions May 1 Check-in:
- Self-publish Anah’s story (ANAH ON TENTERHOOKS)
- Worked on a complicated scene. Also asked for help with it.
- 91 days of writing in 2019
- 44 so far.
- July NaNoWriMow Camp
- (not yet applicable)
- November 50k words
- (not yet applicable)!
- Publish two books this year.
- I’m half-way.
- Enter 7 writing contests
- Two down.
- Read 12 books by Authors I Haven’t Previously Read
- 10 down.
- Read 8 Debut Author Books
- 5 down.
- Read 2 first book in a series books.
- 1 down.
- Read 2 “MC returns to hometown Trope” books.
- 1 down.
- Read 20 books from my Backlist.
- 6 down
- Read 3 books picked by the #IWSG Book Club
- None yet.
- Read 3 books picked by the Of Wonderland Book Club
- None yet.
- Read 7 Speculative Fiction books
- 4 down.
- Read 3 Classic books
- none yet
- Read 4 Writing Craft books
- 3 down.
- Read 3 Diverse books
- –ACCOMPLISHED! 5 read!
- Read 2 A to Z Challenge books
- –ACCOMPLISHED! Read 5.
- Self-publish + Blog the reference book on Writing Book Reviews
- –ACCOMPLISHED! See links below.
MAIN LIFE GOALS:
- Publish two decent-selling book series (speculative fiction)
- Survive at least another 35 years
- Publish a book and sell 2,000 copies of it in one week or 8,000 copies of it in one month.
- Watch a meteor shower while in the Cranberry Lake area of New York or Cherry Springs State Park in Pennsylvania. (USA)
- Visit Mount Sinai.
- Learn how to play checkers.
- Take a hot-air balloon ride over Maine.
- Have dinner at Armando al Pantheon in Rome.
Current Writing Goals
- Self-publish + Blog the reference book on Writing Book Reviews #BookishResolutions
- Self-publish Anah’s story (ANAH ON TENTERHOOKS) #BookishResolutions
- Complete the high fantasy short story
- Self-publish the WIGS tribal story
- Finish and publish the next Existence book
- Finish and publish the Alison Fantasy book
- This year I resolve to publish two books and write at least 25% of the year.
Seven Focus Topics
Posting about these topics monthly will keep my author brand strong:
- Lenni Lenape (Native American) — 2 posts
- storytelling –2 posts
- writing –32 post
- legends — 0 posts
- characters — 3 posts
- urban fantasy/ speculative fiction — 2 posts
- read –0 posts
- 12 Blog All About It posts
- Keep rocking the Debut Author Spotlight at Operation Awesome
- 91 days of writing is my big #BookishResolutions (others are hashtagged)
- Update on May 1 (I’m told the update check-in is next week.)
- September 1
- Take part in NaNoWriMo
- July Camp #BookishResolutions
- November 50k words #BookishResolutions
- Publish two books #BookishResolutions
- One: Writing Book Reviews As An Author: Inspiration To Make It Easier
- Be part of 3 blog hops/fests
- Enter 7 writing contests #BookishResolutions
- One: Check!
- Two: WEP April
- Add 200 books to the spreadsheet organizing my TBR by page length
- 419 as of Jan 1
- 430 as of Feb 23
- 432 as of Mar 29
- 441 as of April 30
- Complete Reading challenges:
- 50 Book Pledge
- Goodreads ~ 50 books
- Bout of Books 24 January
- Bout of Books 25 May
- Bout of Books 26 August
- TackleTBR September 16 – 22
- Try Something New
- Author I Haven’t Previously Read — #BookishResolutions Goal= 12 — Read= 10
- Debut Book — #BookishResolutions Goal= 8 — Read= 5
- First book in a series — #BookishResolutions Goal= 2 — Read= 1
- Trope Challenge
- MC returns to hometown Trope — #BookishResolutions Goal= 2 — Read= 1
- Beat my Backlist
- #BeatTheBacklist — #BookishResolutions Goal= 20 — Read= 6
- Read books selected by The Insecure Writer’s Support Group (Book Club)
- #IWSG Book Club — #BookishResolutions Goal= 3 — Read= 0
- Read books selected by Of Wonderland Book Club
- #OWBookClub Book Club — #BookishResolutions Goal= 3 — Read= 0
- Read Speculative Fiction books — #BookishResolutions Goal= 7 — Read= 4
- Read Classic books — #BookishResolutions Goal= 3 — Read= 0
- Read Writing Craft books — #BookishResolutions Goal= 4 — Read= 3
- Read Diverse books — #BookishResolutions Goal= 3 — Read= 5
- Read A to Z Challenge books — #BookishResolutions Goal= 2 — Read= 5
- Work on the spreadsheet organizing my TBR by page length
- Comment on 30 blogs
- Comment on 10 #AtoZChallenge blogs
- Monthly Blog All About It post
- Tweet 10 Diverse Book tweets
- Tweet 4 Debut Book tweets
- Operation Awesome – debut authors (Booked through Sept)
- Fix more broken image links
- Follow more All Author group members WHEN I GET OUT OF TWITTER JAIL
- Take part in Sunday Stealing posts
- Review-a-thon in BoutofBook-ers Facebook group
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, Twitter chats, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 25 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
Goals just for May:
- Read and review 4 books
- Do the Bout of Books Challenges
- Take the #AtoZChallenge after survey
- Post my #AtoZChallenge Reflection post
- Sign up for the #AtoZChallenge Road Trip
- Help with the Pass or Pages Query Contest at Operation Awesome
- May the Fourth be with me 😉
- Get away for a weekend
- Vote at WRiTECLUB
Review of Goals just for April:
- ROCK the #AtoZChallenge
- Comment on 300 #AtoZChallenge blogs 230
- Take part in the WEP Jewel post
- Read and review 2 books