We celebrated our Tenth Anniversary at the April Blogging from A to Z Challenge.
#AtoZchallenge. The blog hop that made an online community by asking bloggers to spend the month of April using the English alphabet as inspiration for their posts.
The Reflection post is an A to Z Challenge tradition. It gives us a chance to look back at what worked, what didn’t, what we’ve done, what was learned, and where we hope to go from here.
This year, in honor of our anniversary, there’s a list of ten questions:
- What did you love about the challenge this year?
- I love that it is the TENTH year. Do you know how many hops don’t make even two years? And we’re at TEN!
(Sure, we didn’t have the 1,718 blogs of 2012. Or the 2,009 blogs of 2014. But 685 is still impressive!)
- I try my best to please as many people as possible. I know some people were upset with some comments (an escort service and taxi company spammed people, for example). And others are upset that we’re not BlogChatter (I mean… I can’t make us be an entirely separate blogging group that happens to have a similar event at the same time). But the biggest complaint I heard was from people who were angry we stopped using Google+ and Feedburner email service (both of which were shut down, and we don’t own Google, so… I mean, I can apologize, but it is what it is). Honestly, I’m thrilled with how things are running. Jayden is a sheet goddess. John knows all the tech. Zalka is so upbeat. Arlee has given us a real gift, for which I’ll always be grateful. Our team is wonderful.
- Thanks Team post – Arlee wrote a deeply moving post. That was my best moment, reading that post.
- You know what was fun in the comments for me this year? Janet and Ronel. I feel the love, ladies! You’re both awesome.
- Without a doubt.
- I love my team. And fill it out… yeah, I freaking wrote it.
- I love the number spike that April brings. The challenge makes blogging so much more interactive. I love our community. And yes, I did find some new blogs to enjoy! And I really loved blogging another reference book. I think sharing knowledge is really useful to the community.
- I am locked at the top of the list. And the daily lists had SO MANY complaints that I’m pleased as pudding to see them gone.
- I want to see what others write for this. All my thoughts and suggestions are already shared with the team.
- Our team is great. Jeremy does AMAZING work and we should all go attack him with praise and shirt orders. (He and I did try to find a way to get other merch, like mugs or pens, but it didn’t work out.)
LINK TO REFLECTION SIGN UP FORM:
That’s the link to the after survey.
Grab your A to Z gear, and other cool goodies from our graphics guy, here: NeatoShop.com/artist/Jeremy-Hawkins
— J, Co-host and Team Captain #AtoZChallenge
Find the book: